Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 30 of our Green Challenge

We have both lost track of how many days we have been making and consuming the smoothies.  Much to our delight, it is day 30!  Initially we had talked about rewarding ourselves on the last night with dinner at our favorite restaurant.  Ironically, we both agreed that this does not sound appealing to us at this point. 

I am thrilled to say that this experience is going to continue in our lives for an indefinite amount of time.  For me the significant changes have not been about the weight loss (although I have lost about 8 pounds this month:)....In fact, my energy level has increased so much and I am actually sleeping much better at night.  I have not taken any of my acid reflux medicine for over two months and some of the allergy symptoms that bothered me before have all but vanished.

For both of us, our lives have begun to change from this diet change.  I am not bored with a good salad and our goals now for as long as we can see are to stay at about 80-85% raw and vegan.  The simple facts are we are spending less money and time and putting much better foods into our bodies!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment